Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Rwandan Debate.

On November 19th we had a debate about the Rwandan Genocide. We each got a group that represented different people involved in the genocide. My group was the U.N. and I was surprised that we didn’t get attacked as much as we did, I was grateful Belgium was attacked the most out of all of us.

What we did in the Rwandan genocide as part of the United Nations was really nothing at all! We sent troops in Rwanda and after 10 soldiers got killed we fled the country to be safe from the Interhamwe and Paul Kagme. It was hard to defend ourselves but after a little bit of understanding from different parts of the debate it just sort of, clicked. WE tried to point the finger at the Interhamwe for killing the 10 soldiers, and Paul Kagme for “brainwashing” the Interhamwe but hey shot us back with some pretty convincing evidence that the killing were someone else’s fault, and of course no one pointed the finger at the Red Cross because they didn’t even do anything wrong in the first place. They could have stayed quiet and no one would have ever noticed or cared.


Belgium was accused so much and I didn’t even know what part they took on the Rwandan Genocide because I completely forgot to figure out what they did when they were there… if they were there at all! I guess they did something wrong though with I sort of figured out in the end. When Romeo Delair spoke nothing he had to say even made any sense or connected to the Rwandan Genocide debate what so ever. I think I learned more from the debate then I did learning any other way, the that was probably the point… wasn’t it?


No comments:

Post a Comment