Thursday, October 1, 2009

Lunch-OUT

I left the unfamiliar surroundings of German class as the hallway practically exploded with people. Everyone knocking into each other, like bumper cars at the fair, except it lacks the smell of elephant ears and pizza. I was on my way to lunch, and I only knew one person in it. The rest were in the lunch after mine. I couldn’t spot her in the hallway as I was edging towards my locker; it was like spotting out a rabbit in the snow. Once I got to my locker about half of the hall was empty and I was hoping I could find a spot at a table when I saw my friend, she poked me and said hi as she sped down the hallway, I could barely keep up and before I knew it I lost track of her. I always wondered how she could walk that fast, anyways, I wandered down the hallways and finally found the lunch rooms, except they were both completely full, there were already people eating in the hallway.

I desperately looked for my friend but I couldn’t see her. I must of walked in and out of each lunch room about 20 times so I gave up, slid on the floor in the hallway, and munched on my food, hoping that I would see someone I knew, or at least be fast enough to catch up next time. I never even thought you could even eat in the hallways, so it was a new experience I guess. It was a slow lunch but it was sped up from my thoughts on how the rest of the day would go. People started leaving the lunch rooms and bunching up with their friends, filling the hall with conversation and laughter as they waited for the teacher to let them pass. I had nothing to do but get up and wait with them.

They let us thru and I made my way to 4th hour, slowly, but surely. I walked in the room just in time for the bell to ring, the loud shaking of metal against my ears like two symbols playing over and over again. My teacher had just announced that our schedules were messed up and we were now having the next lunch. My smile must have been pretty big considering the look I got from the person next to me, but I didn’t care because I had so many friends in that lunch that I was bound to find someone I knew in it. When I heard that, all my lunch troubles drowned away. Next goal, drown my academic troubles away.

1 comment:

  1. Good analogy when you say that finding your friend in hallway is the sane thing as spotting a rabbit in the snow.

    ReplyDelete